Saturday 18 April 2009

Holiday Highlights

Still got a couple of days of holiday left, but here are a few highlights...


A little star at Willows Farm Village.


On Tristan the Tractor


Walking at the Welsh Harp


As I have my boots on I will jump in this puddle


What do you mean, 'I need a licence'?


A food break at Woburn Safari Park


A belated second birthday party.


My holiday games record: Carcassonne - won. Settlers of Catan - lost. Ticket to Ride - Lost.


And our new game - Ingenious - won.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that red train is huge!

Pastor Keith said...

Yes - the red train was mine - and I still managed to lose.

Anonymous said...

Is ingenious any good?

Pastor Keith said...

Is it 'any' good? The answer to that question of course is 'yes' as it is not all bad!

We've only played three times so a bit early to say where it rates in terms of Carcassonne, Settlers etc. (and we've only played with 2 players).

It is good, we enjoyed it. The games do not take too long which can be a good thing. It is very simple to pick up, but the best tactics are not immediately obvious, and I expect they will change depending on the way individual games develop. I certainly prefer it to our other tile picking up games (Scrabble and Rummikub).

Why don't you come and see us and have a game and then decide if you want to get it!